Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A Day in Galveston

This past Friday was kind of a sad day for me because I got some bad news. To cheer me up on saturday my parents took me to spend the day in Galveston on The Stand. I love going out to Galveston on nice days and just walking around. We went to my favorite restaurant, browsed some small boutiques, antique stores and ate some ice cream. Galveston is only a 30 minute drive from the wonderful Clear Lake. Sometimes is just nice to change up your scenery to make you feel a little bit better. I wanted to share some of my photos from the day. 

We went to my favorite restaurant on The Strand called Olympia. Since it was brunch time, I had to order myself a bloody mary. This bloody mary was seriously one of the best bloody mary's I've ever had and trust me I've had a lot of bloody mary's. 

The avocado greek salad is the reason why I love Olympia. This salad is my favorite salad! Every time I go to Olympia I order this salad. 

After lunch we walked around The Strand to go look at some of the boutiques and antique shops. This is my second favorite part about visiting Galveston. I LOVE going to different little antique shops. We came across this antique shop, it used to be a old hotel. The first floor of the antique shop is all open and filled with unique items such as old windows, bear claw tubs and old doors. The second floor of the antique shop has tons of rooms and each room is filled with different items. While walking around upstairs we ran into the owner of the antique shop. The owner of the shop took us into one of the rooms and pointed out prices written on the wall. The hotel was a brothel back in the 20's. I love how Galveston has so much history. 

We ended our day at La King's ice cream shop. This place is so cool because all the workers dress how the old parlors used to dress in all white with little white hats on. When I go to La King's I always get a root beer float. 

And of course I had to take a selfie. 




No comments:

Post a Comment