Monday, January 26, 2015

Night time skin care routine

Ever since I started college I have struggled with adult acne. Over the past two years my acne has been pretty bad. Let me tell you about my skin type, I have normal to dry skin but my skin is very sensitive. In the winter my skin gets dry and in the summer my skin gets oily. I have finally developed a great night time skin care routine that keeps my skin mostly clear. I honestly get excited to wash my face at night because I love these products. I still get hormonal breaks around that time of month but it has been manageable. My skin is far from perfect and now that I have my breakouts under control I am working on the acne scarring so if you recommend any products for acne scarring leave a comment. Down below I have listed the different types of products I use on my skin and I also listed the products in the order I used them. 


  • Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash: After months and months of trying to find the perfect gentle face wash I finally found it. I am seriously in love with this face wash! I have very sensitive skin so I have to be very careful about what I put on my face or I will break out. The Kate Somerville Gentle Daily Wash is exactly what the bottle says it is GENTLE. This face wash does not dry out my skin at all instead it leaves it super soft. 
  • Proactiv Pore Targeting Treatment: After trying out the Proactiv+ System I discovered all three steps together were to much for my skin. So I decided to just use the Pore Targeting Treatment and stopped using the other two steps. I apply the Pore Targeting Treatment after I wash and pat dry my face. I place the treatment on my check and chin because that is where I break out the most. The Pore Targeting Treatment really helps keep my breakouts under control. 
  • Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair: I've always read that you should include a serum in your routine but never really thought twice about it. My grandma has been using the Advanced Night Repair for years and her skins looks great so I thought why not give it a go. I put this serum on after my Pore Targeting Treatment sinks into my skin. When I wake up in the morning my skin feels so good. It is hard to describe how this serum makes my skin feel, the only way to describe it is that I feel fresh in the mornings. 
  • Kate Somerville Nourish Daily Moisturizer : Who would of thought you can be in love with a moisturizer! I seriously love this stuff. I apply this morning and night. This daily moisturizer keeps my skin feeling soft and hydrated all day along. And did I mention it is light weight on the skin. 
  • Makeup Remover: My best friend knows I am a make up junkie and for christmas she got me the S.W. Basic of Brooklyn make up remover. I never heard of the brand before but I was curious how it is made with only three ingredients! Organic sweet almond oil, organic olive oil and organic jojoba oil. I apply the makeup removed onto a cotton ball, place it on my eye for about 20 seconds then swipe to remove my mascara. It definitely gets the job done! 
  • boscia Konjac Cleansing Sponge With Complexion Clearing Clay: This product has changed my skin care routine for the better. I use this product during the day or night when I feel like my skin needs a little boost. I place the sponge under warm water then put a dime size amount of the Kate Somerville Gentle face wash on the sponge.  I lather up the wash face with the sponge and once it is all lathered I wash my face with the sponge in circular motions.

2 comments:

  1. Been dying to try out Konjac sponge heard so many great things about it

    Candice | Beauty Candy Loves
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it so far! My sister always has one and she uses it every day!

    ReplyDelete