Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Cabining with the Sotos!

Good Morning Everyone!

We finally made it to spring break! This year I spent a portion of my spring break camping with my family right outside of Austin, Texas in a little town called Buchanan Dam. My aunt found this super cute camp site called Black Rock. Well it wasn't really "camping" because we did not camp in tent instead we stayed in small little cabins. 


Inside the cabins were two sets of bunk beds and a few shelves. For some reason the cabin my family stayed in did not have any shelves. There are no bathrooms or kitchens in the cabins. When I heard there were no bathrooms, I got kind of scared because I am someone who drinks tons of water and we all know where that leads. There are a few community bathrooms on the camp site. Luckily there was a bathroom right across the street from our cabins. The community bathrooms were really clean, they even had showers in them. 


Here is the view from outside our cabin! 




Of course we had to bring giant jenga! 


You could always find me next to the fire because it was a little chilly during the day with the wind blowing. 


How pretty is this sunset? 


Having fun blowing some bubbles.


Here's another picture from outside our cabin. 


My dad cooking some fajitas! YUM!



On the way back home to Houston we had to go eat at Salt Lick! I'm not a big meat fan but their brisket was so good! 

I love spending time with my family and going camping was prefect. We were able to escape from our crazy lives and get to enjoy each others company. 

Hope you enjoyed this blog post!
Love Always,
Ashley 




No comments:

Post a Comment